The Southern Indiana region located along the northern shore of the Ohio River offers the best of big city facilities and small-town charm. Clark and Floyd Counties are major counties of the region.
Southern Indiana region has exceptional transportation system:
- With the congregation of three major interstates I-65, I-64 and I-71 the area has best connectivity with other markets across the country.
- The Clark and Floyd counties have intermodal transportation system.
- The major United Parcel Service (UPS) center situated at the Louisville International Airport offers companies the facility to deliver and receive packages around the clock.
- General aviation services are available at Clark Regional Airport and Bowman Field in Louisville.
- The Ohio River is a major freight transporter, and the Port of Indiana – Jeffersonville provides full port facilities and stevedoring services.
- Rail providers CSX, Norfolk Southern and Louisville Indiana Railroad provide service as well as connectors to Illinois Central, Paducah Louisville, Indiana Rail Road and CP Rail System/Soo Line.
Many companies and industrial firms have located in the region to benefit from the outstanding transportation system.
Southern Indiana region offers newcomers some convincing reasons to live and work:
- Reasonable land costs
- Availability of entry-level, mid-priced and high-end homes
- Quality builders and developers provides the best in new home construction and design at the same time make sure that the cost is affordable and homes are available in all price ranges.
- Popular Golf communities offer patio homes and estate homes
- Development can be found both in rural areas and near a city, on small lots or spacious scenic home sites
- Clark and Floyd Counties have their own unique identity and micro-economy and affordable housing, land and easy access to the facilities of the City of Louisville attracts more newcomers to the region.
- Southern Indiana’s shoreline and hills, known as “knobs”, offer the most remarkable views of Louisville found anywhere in the region.
- Corydon, New Albany and Jeffersonville have glorious 19th Century mansions that are an evidence of community’s reach heritage.
- Those desiring the wide open spaces, farmhouses and country living can fulfill their utmost dreams.
- Southern Indiana offers a slower pace and a friendly community environment where family values can be nurtured and enjoyed.
- The region has excellent schools, both public and private, churches, shopping malls, restaurants, medical facilities, theaters, libraries, parks and historical attractions that make life pleasant in Southern Indiana.
Housing costs in Southern Indiana have always been very favorable compared to other parts of the region.
Clark County REMC
Duke Energy Indiana
Indiana-American Water Co., Inc.
Vectren Energy Delivery of Indiana, Inc.