Short sales and Foreclosures
We can answer the top 25 questions asked by buyers and sellers:
- What is the difference between a short sale and a foreclosure?
- I want to get a good deal! - How low of an offer can I make on a short sale house?
- How low of an offer can I make on a foreclosure?
- What is the process of getting a foreclosed house and how long does it take?
- What is the process of getting a short sale house and how long does it take?
- What is a HUD home?
- Will the seller do any repairs to the short sale or foreclosure?
- Can I get an inspection? What if I don’t like the inspection results? Can I get out of the contract?
- How much should I expect to do in repairs on a short sale house? What about a foreclosure?
- Do foreclosures need more work than short sale houses?
- What does it mean when something says “distressed property?”
- How good of a deal can I get on a foreclosure – 10% less than market value? 20? 30?
- How do I buy a foreclosure at an auction?
- Can I get a normal loan on a short sale house? What about a foreclosure?
- How much money do I need for an earnest money deposit for a short sale? Foreclosure?
- How much money do I need for a down payment for a short sale? Foreclosure?
- Is any body still living in the property if it’s a foreclosure? Short sale?
- What if the house that I have an accepted short sale offer on goes into bankruptcy or foreclosure? Do I get my earnest money back?
- What is the seller’s motivation for the short sale to go through – what do they get out of it?
- When making offers on short sales and foreclosures, do sellers get their feelings hurt if you go in too low?
- How common is it to see a house in short sale status or foreclosure in this area?
- When should a seller do a short sale, and when should they do foreclosure, and when should they do deed-in-lieu of foreclosure?
- Does a seller have to pay the difference in the sales price and the loan owed back to the bank if it is a short sale?
- What if the house is being rented out to tenants? What are their rights to stay under their lease?
- Can I find out how much a seller still owes the bank on a short sale? Is that public record?
If you are interested in learning more about short sales and foreclosures in Louisville, Southern Indiana, Northern Kentucky, or Cincinnati give us a call at (502) 265-5818!