LOUISVILLE'S PERFECT 3s
"3 Perfect Louisville Days"
Amanda Petrusich's article recently landed the RIVER CITY on the COVER of UNITED AIRLINE's "HEMISPHERE" (in-flight) MAGAZINE.
- Day one: Exploring the city’s historic racing scene, strolling through the artsy NuLu district, sampling burgoo and other local specialties at Harvest
- Day two: Going a few rounds with Ali, hiking one of Olmstead’s famous parks, traveling back in time at the Dreamland theater
- Day three: Taking a crash course in bourbon making, experiencing the splendor of horse country, channeling your inner F. Scott Fitzgerald.
TOP 3 Local Companies raised $610,000 in January 2015
- FantasyHub, who we’ll talk to later this week, raised $195,000 from local investors for their fantasy sports portal with a charity twist.
Sunstrand relocated from Montana and also raised $150,000 in SBIR funds. Sunstrand produces natural fibers for polymer composite reinforcement and filler used in the manufacturing of green plastics, sporting and recreation equipment, and building materials.
- Gen9 relocated from New York and California and raised $150,000 in Small Business Innovation Research funds. They monitor elderly health in home-care environments.
Invest Kentucky Equity Conference
This year the Invest Kentucky Equity Conference returns to Louisville and will be held at Churchill Downs.
What drives the confab? “Investors and analysts want to know what makes companies tick,” said Terry McWilliams, Chairman of the Conference and President of Mosaic Investor Relations Inc., “The company presentations and individual investor meetings make it easier to gain those insights.”
- The Top-Performing Kentucky publicly traded firm will be honored as The Kentucky Public Company of the Year.
Eight Differences Between a Kentucky Derby and Super Bowl Party, from America’s Best Racing:
- The Derby Party: getting the nod for fashion, cocktails, gambling, adrenaline rush, time of year, food and beer
- The Super Bowl Party: Commercials (the only Category they took)
How to woo your significant other?
Here’s an idea: The Louisville Ballet is opening its first show of 2015, with Val Caniparoli’s “A Cinderella Story”, right in time for Valentine’s Day. Val Caniparoli debuted his unique take on “Cinderella” in 2004 with the Royal Winnipeg Ballet, and Louisville audiences might recall his work from several previously staged ballets including “Lambarena,” “Spaghetti Western” and “The Seasons.”. He's now one of The Most sought after Choreographers in the World.