Here are some fun events for you to check out in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky this October!
Country Pumpkins, Oct 1 - Oct 31, Dry Ridge. Enjoy the pumpkin patch and corn maze among other fun on this working dairy farm! https://countrypumpkinsky.com/
HallZOOween, Saturdays & Sundays, October 5 - 27, Cincinnati Zoo. Special animal encounters, an illusion show, trick-or-treating around the zoo, and a ride on the Hogwarts Express! https://cincinnatiusa.com/events/hallzooween
Free Scary Movies, 7 pm every Tuesday, Taft's Brewing Co. Brewporium, Cincinnati. Free horror flicks
start at 7 pm but arrie early to grab a few brews and order pizza! Unlimited Halloween candy and popcorn! https://cincinnatiusa.com/events/free-scary-movie-nights
Pumpkin Patch Park, Florence KY. Saturdays. Facepainting, balloon artists, magicians, pirates, and a live scarecrow entertainers around the stadium; axe throwing; giant chess, checkers, jenga; and special fall adult beverage at the bar! https://cincinnatiusa.com/events/pumpkin-patch-park-0
USS Nightmare, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 7 pm - 11 pm or 1 am, Riverboat Row, Newport, KY. This haunted house attraction is built upon a steam-powered dredge boat located on the Ohio River. https://cincinnatiusa.com/events/uss-nightmare
And if you're looking to buy or sell a house, call us to discuss how we can make it a smooth process for you!
Fall Festivals 2019 Louisville and Southern Indiana
- Louisville Halloween Parade and Festival- Oct 5, 12 pm - 9 pm (parade at 6 pm) at Baxter Ave and Bardstown Rd. http://www.louisvillehalloweenfest.com/
- Harvest Homecoming - Oct 5 - 13 in New Albany. Check out the guide for the various activities: https://www.harvesthomecoming.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/HHC2019FestivalGuide.pdf
- Belknap Fall Festival - Oct 11, 6 pm - 11 pm & Oct 12, 11 am - 11 pm in Douglass Loop. This festival includes live music, local artists, food, and family fun. https://www.belknapneighborhood.org/belknap-fall-festival
- Jack O'Lantern Stroll - Oct 18, 6 pm - 9 pm at St. Francis of Assisi. Enjoy over 1,000 beautifully carved pumpkins lighting the night, trick-or-treating, games, crafts, and Louisville’s largest pumpkin pie! http://www.dreamswithwings.org/jack-o-lantern-stroll/
- Hayride on the Hill - Oct 27, 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm at Cherokee Park. take a free hayride and enjoy the fall colors, then have some refreshments and join in some other family friendly activities. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hayride-on-the-hill-fall-festival-in-cherokee-park-tickets-73583741953
- Halloween in Brown Park - Oct 26, 11 am - 3 pm at Brown Park in St. Matthews, located on Kresge Way right next to Baptist Hospital East. Trick-or-treating, hayride, bouncey houses and more. https://louisvillehalloween.com/halloween-festival-in-brown-park/...
We're looking for the right person to partner with us in growing this company, the River Valley Group. We have a solid foundation. We have a strong lead source. We have great systems. We have great training and coaching. We are looking for someone with leadership skills to lead our Louisville Kentucky location and be partners with us. We are also hiring agents for our Jeffersonville, Indiana location.
Talk to Heidi Fore for more details: 502-777-3578
The River Valley Group donates 10% of their profit to Choose Live Lead Inc, a charity that funds education and homes for children without parents in their lives, foster kids, and children and teens living in orphanages.
It goes without saying that you should clean your lint screen after every load of laundry. Keeping the filter clear will shorten the drying cycle, save you money, and prevent any potential fire hazards. It is also a good practice to regularly, but at least twice a year, remove the lint that accumulates at the bottom of the housing that holds your lint screen. You can generally use a vacuum cleaner's flat attachment to reach down in the housing to suck out anything that has accumulated in there.
Finally, you should be cleaning out your dryer's exhaust duct using a dryer duct cleaning brush (it's a stiff bristled circular brush with a flexible handle that you can buy at most hardware stores) at least twice a year. The exhaust duct vents your dryers exhaust to the outside of your house and can become a fire hazard if not kept clear.
Consider doing this more often (say monthly) if you do heavy amounts of laundry on a consistent basis. Many service providers sell regular service plans to handle this for you, so consider signing up for one.
Source: American Red Cross
Why Pipe Freezing is a Problem
Water has a unique property in that it expands as it freezes. This expansion puts tremendous pressure on whatever is containing it, including metal or plastic pipes. No matter the strength of a container, expanding water can cause pipes to break.
Pipes that freeze most frequently are:
- Pipes that are exposed to severe cold, like outdoor hose bibs, swimming pool supply lines, and water sprinkler lines.
- Water supply pipes in unheated interior areas like basements and crawl spaces, attics, garages, or kitchen cabinets.
- Pipes that run against exterior walls that have little or no insulation.
How to Protect Pipes From Freezing
Before the onset of cold weather, protect your pipes from freezing by following these recommendations:
Drain water from swimming pool and water sprinkler supply lines following manufacturer's or installer's directions. Do not put antifreeze in these lines unless directed. Antifreeze is environmentally harmful, and is dangerous to humans, pets, wildlife, and landscaping.
Remove, drain, and store hoses used outdoors. Close inside valves supplying outdoor hose bibs. Open the outside hose bibs to allow water to drain. Keep the outside valve open so that any water remaining in the pipe can expand without causing the pipe to break.
Add insulation to attics, basements and crawl spaces. Insulation will maintain higher temperatures in these areas.
Check around the home for other areas where water supply lines are located in unheated areas. Look in the garage, and under kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Both hot and cold water pipes in these areas should be insulated.
Consider installing specific...
There were 414 homes old last month around Southern Indiana!
There were 894 homes sold last month in Louisville, Kentucky!
Work with us.
Talk to Heidi Fore.
Heidi Fore is a MAPS Coach and Realtor with Keller Williams Realty.