Shopping is best along Bardstown Road for the latest trends. Start at the intersection of Taylorsville Rd and Bardstown and go in and out of stores all the way into town.
Don't miss General Eccentric at 1283 Bardstown Road and Clodhoppers at 1561 Bardstown Road; they stay on top of fashion. Don't miss Pataya 955 Baxter Avenue 479-6006 or Fung Shway either. Now there is Luna Boutique next to Avalon at 1310 Bardstown Rd, 454-7620. These are the most likely places to find New York fashion in Kentucky.
After Bardstown Road, cruise down to Frankfort Avenue and Lexington Rd, where you can find the hottest shops for everyday work or social event. Blink Boutique, featured in Lucky Magazine, is located at 319 Wallace Avenue 40207 close to St. Matthews and the Highlands upscale clothing stores. Lady Bug in Prospect at US 42 and River Road has "classic trends". We also recommend Julep at 2420 Lime Kiln Ln, 425-3926, Rodeo Drive at 2212 Holiday manor Center, 425-8999, Rodes at 4938 Brownsboro Rd, 753-7633, Croquis at 1201 Herr Ln, 425-7212 and Circe 3630 Brownsboro Rd, 894-0095.
Shopping Malls in Louisville
Mall St. Matthews
5000 Shelbyville Rd
Louisville, Kentucky 40207
7900 Shelbyville Rd
Louisville, Kentucky 40222
The Summit Louisville
an outdoor mall in Louisville's East End on Brownsboro Rd at the Gene Snyder
4300 Summit Plaza Dr
Louisville, KY 40241
Shopping in St. Matthew's Chenoweth Square
- Paul's Fruit Market
- Bailen's Jewelers (handcrafted fine jewelry)
- Cheddar Box (wonderful food)
- Fleur de Lis (design shop & giftware)
- St. Matthews Gallery (fine art)
- Watermark Gallery & Gifts (whimsical gifts by local, regional, American & Canadian artists, as well as imports)
- Tradewinds (fine glass works and French country furniture and interior design services)
- Three Dog Bakery
- H.J. Redmon Exclusive Footwear
- Snips Hair Salon
- Isaacs & Isaacs Antiques
- Seafood Connection
- Bedded Bliss (fine linens)
- Rick's Ferrari Grille
- Digs at Home in the Garden (Smith & Hawken dealer)
- Parallel 38, authorized Orvis distributor and Americana Home Interiors.
- Across the street is Blade's Salon
- A few doors down is Rebecca's Bridal Shop
- Next to Rebecca's is Animal Crackers children's clothing store
This site also has a listing of the best restaurants in Louisville, and Louisville restaurant reviews by Heidi Fore.