- Bearno's Pizza - Very different crust flavor to try 458-8605
- Highlands Pizza Company - Have you tried this one yet? 456-1414
- Impellizzeri's Pizza is back! 1381 Bardstown Rd in the Highlands between Eastern Parkway and Cherokee Parkway - this is the best pizza!
- Louisville Pizza Co. - Delicious! 3910 Ruckriegel Parkway 267-1188
- Lots-A-Pasta - on Lexington Rd in St. Matthews try the Foccacia Bread
- North End Bar - 1722 Frankfort Ave 896-8770
- Tony Boombozz - Easy to find on the corner of Bardstown Road and Eastern Parkway, the pizzas are big and flavorful. 458-888
- Vito's Pizzeria - Katherine Pulzone, Heidi Fore's favorite Italian food reviewer recommends the Canoli and the pizza. She rates it as the most authentic in Louisville.
- Wick's Pizza - Always a crowd pleaser, the atmosphere is great to eat it there or take it home. Live music, bar and pizza. 458-1828. Beyond the Highlands, try Wicks on Westport 2927 Goose Creek Rd 327-9425, Middletown Wicks Pizza 12717 Shelbyville Rd 213-9425. Heidi Fore recommend the Bar-b-que chicken pizza.
- Za's Pizza Pub -1573 Bardstown Road -454-4544 - also open for lunch
Where to take the kids for supper?
These are the best family-friendly environments in Louisville, KY
- Kingfish 3021 Upper River Road, 1610 Kentucky Mills Drive, or 601 West Riverside Drive Jeffersonville, IN
- Buca Di Beppo - 2051 S. Hurstbourne, 493-2426
- Mark's Feed Store 10316 Dixie Hwy, 1514 Bardstown Road, or 11422 Shelbyville Road
- Joe's Crab Shack 131 River Rd, 568-1171
- Beef O'Brady's - All over town. Click here for locations.
- Old Spaghetti Factory -235 W Market St, 581-1070
- Wick's Pizza 2927 Goose Creek Rd, 327-9425 or 12717 Shelbyville Road, 213-9425
- Eva Mae's Creekside Restaurant 6313 River Road, Harrods Creek. -- 6-9 p.m. 228-2882
- Cunningham's Creekside 6301 Upper River Road.
- Louisville Pizza Co. 3910 Ruckriegel Pkwy, 267-1188
- Brandon's BBQ 9246 Westport Rd, 426-6666
- Carrabbas 617 S Hurstbourne Pkwy, 412-2218
- Maccaroni Grill 401 S Hurstbourne Pkwy, 423-9220
- Cracker Barrel 2701 Crittenden Dr., 636-2263, 10150 Brookridge Village Blvd., 231-4663 or1401 Kentucky Mills Dr, 266-8895
- Waffle House Click link for various locations
- Bob Evans Click link for various locations
- Chuck E. Cheese 2030 S Hurstbourne Pkwy, Louisville, 40220 - (502) 493-0261
- Olive Garden 1320 S Hurstbourne Pkwy, 339-7190 (2 doors down from Keller Williams Realty Louisville East)
- Fazoli's 337 Whittington Parkway, Louisville, KY 40222 - (502) 423-1777
Louisville's finest restaurants
- Asiatique - 1767 Bardstown Rd, 451-2749
- Avalon - 1314 Bardstown Rd, 454-5336 - awesome atmosphere
- Captain's Quarters - 5702 Captain's Quarter's Rd, 228-5447 - right on the river!
- CheeseCake Factory - Connected to Mall St. Matthews, over fifty types of cheesecakes, and 200 or more items on the menu! 893-3933. The menu is huge, but my favorite items on it is the lettuce wraps
- Del Friscos - Great place to suit all appetites. St. Matthews 897-7077 Good steakhouse in St Matthews are of Louisville
- El Mundo - 2345 Frankfort Ave, 899-9930
- Equus in St. Matthews - 122 Sears Avenue 897-9721 Try the chef's selection. The food is incredible. If you are looking for a romantic restaurant in Louisville, you can't beat the atmosphere at Eqqus. And the service is some of the best in Louisville
- Ferd Grisanti Restaurant - Amazing Italian. Jeffersontown 267-0050 I think this is the best Italian food in Louisville
- J Harrods - In Prospect on River Road 228-4555
- Jack Fry's - where Bardstown Rd meets Baxter Ave 452-9244 In the middle of everything in the Highlands
- Jeff Rubys - best place for steak in Louisville 584-0102 at the corner of Main and 4th St. I'm a big fan of the Ahi Tuna and NY Strip
- Jefferson Club - On top of the PNC building on Jefferson 584-1177 Ultra classy establishment
- Joe's Crab Shack - 131 River Road, 568-1171 My favorite dish is the barbecue crab
- Le Relais - Click here for Heidi Fore's personal review of this wonderful French restaurant 451-9092
- Limestone - Click here for Heidi Fore's review - you absolutely will love the atmosphere and dining experience
- Mojitos Tapas is owned by the same talented restaurateurs that run Havana Rumba in St Matthews, the cuban restaurant. Mojitos has very different food than any other restaurant near it in Prospect. Everytime I've been there tables are full from wall to wall. Go before or after the dinner rush to avoid a wait. Located in Holiday Manor between US 42 and US 22 near the Watterson Expwy exit - a very convenient location to anyone in Prospect or Oldham County
- Mortons Steakhouse Louisville - 584-0421 at 626 W Main Street
- Napa River Grill - located in Dupont 893-0141 Great wine selection
- North End Cafe - 1722 Frankfort Ave, 896-8770 Good place to go for lunch too.
- Pat's Steak House - 2437 Brownsboro Rd, Louisville, KY 40206 Ph: 502-893-2062 - www.PatsSteakHouseLouisville.com
- Pendennis Club - Downtown on West Muhammad Ali Blvd 584-4311
- Porcini's - on Frankfort Ave 894-8686
- Proof on Main -700 Main St, 217-6360 Try the buffalo burger
- Ramsi's Cafe on the World -1293 Bardstown Rd, 451-0700
- Rivue at the Galt House, the old Flagship Room, call 568-4239 for reservations Everything on the menu I've tried is fabulous. You can't go wrong here, and the view is amazing. Try to go at sunset. Part of the restaurant is on a revolving floor, giving a great view of the downtown Louisville skyline and the River
- Ruth's Chris Steakhouse - Fabulous steaks, wines, seafood 479-0026
- Seviche -1583 Bardstown Rd 473-8560
- The Oakroom - 500 S. Fourth St at Seelbach Hilton, 585-3200
- Uptown Cafe- Bardstown Rd near Douglass Blvd 458-4212
- Vincenzo's - Absolute best in Italian food. Downtown 580-1350
- Zen Garden on Frankfort - best vegetarian restaurant in Louisville. Try the mock duck.
Louisville has great independently owned restaurants. We love to support our local businesses. Click here for a list of unique and independent Louisville restaurants.
Heidi Fore's favorite lunch spots in the Highlands, Crescent Hill, St. Matthews and Prospect
- Highlands: Sweet and Savory Cafe in the Highlands on Bardstown Rd
- Highlands: Butterfly Garden in the Highlands - the most beautiful place to enjoy spring outside for lunch
- Highlands: Winstons at Sullivan College - fabulous everything
- Crescent Hill: Zen Garden in Crescent Hill on Frankfort Ave
- Crescent Hill: The Irish Rover on Frankfort Ave
- Crescent Hill: Caffe Classico on Frankfort Ave by the tracks - get a salad. They are really fresh.
- Prospect: Austins in Prospect - I believe it is every Louisvillian's obligation to eat a Hot Brown once a year
- Srospect: Captain's Quarters - my hands down favorite for hot summer days. Best dish: the chicken salad boat
- Prospect: Eva Mae's Creekside in Prospect - Ph: 228-2882
- St Matthews: Cafe Lou Lou at 106 Sears Ave
- Highlands and Prospect: The Bristol - I feel obligated to put that on as a Louisville resident
- And .... as much as it pains me to put a chain on the list.... Panera Bread on Hurstbourne, at Springhurst and Oxmoor Mall
Check out Louisville's best ethnic and specialty restaurants
|Chinese||Indian||Japanese and Sushi||Mexican|
2269 Lexington Rd.
1285 Bardstown Rd.
1758 Frankfort Ave.
9120 Shelbyville Rd.
1820 S. Hurstbourne Pkwy.
|Sapporo Japanese Grill & Sushi
1706 Bardstown Rd.
9026 Taylorsville Rd.
|Middle Eastern/Greek||Breakfast & Brunch||Vegetarian Menu||Thai|
2217 Frankfort Ave.
|Lynn's Paradise Cafe
984 Barret Ave.
|Benedict's Garden Cafe
1519 Baxter Ave.
3002 Bardstown Rd.
1616 Grinstead Dr.
1582 Bardstown Rd.
2018 Brownsboro Rd