Louisville Kentucky Area Information
Because of Louisville house prices, affordability rating and a low number of foreclosures, Louisville ranks second just behind Pittsburgh as the top housing market in the United States according to Forbes Magazine online.
The ranking is computed by taking into account the averages of various affordability rates, median home prices, sales prices in major markets and where home prices are expected to rise. According to the Forbes.com article "Nationally, homes are near the most affordable they've been in 18 years."
In Louisville, the foreclosure rate is only 1.15% of Louisville homes which helped us get our ranking as one of the best housing markets. In our city we have not seen a dramatic market collapse as many major cities have, the home prices have kept pretty steady.
Since Louisville Ky homes are looking strong on the housing market front, there should be no fear in those who wish to upgrade their homes or those who are wanting to move into the area. With our steady market, people are still buying and Louisville Kentucky homes are still selling.
There are many resources here on this site to help you find your perfect Louisville Ky house and to help you find the best agent to work for you. The Heidi Fore Team at Keller Williams Realty is always available to help you sell your home or buy your next one! Don't let the housing market scare you- Louisville is still growing!
Email email@example.com for a price appreciation graph for the last 5 years.
Everybody loves Louisville...
- A top 10 city for "Economic Growth Potential" by Business Facilities Magazine
- Ranked as the "2nd Best Housing Market in the United States" by Forbes Magazine.
- One of the "25 Best Places to Retire" by Money Magazine
- Included in the "Cities to Watch" by Smarter Cities Environmental Survey
- Named "Most Livable City in America" (Large City Category) by U.S. Conference of Mayors
- Ranked 7th by Outside Magazine for "Best Towns of 2008"
- Among the "25 Best Cities for Raising a Family" by Best Life Magazine
- One of America's "50 Hottest Cities for Business Expansion" by Expansion Management Magazine
- "Top 10 Underrated Cities in America" by Sherman's Travel
Best large city for relocating families, according to Worldwide ERC, Primacy Relocation
and Bert Sperling of Sperling's BestPlaces.
- Seventh Safest City in America, by Morgan Quitno
- Among the 100 Best Communities for Young People.
- Salary.com ranked Louisville the 15th best city for building personal net worth in its "Salary Value Index"
Louisville Real Estate by Neighborhood / Subdivision
- Anchorage Kentucky
- Crescent Hill-Clifton
- Downtown Condos
- Fern Creek
- Glen Oaks