Whether you are a first time home buyer, or just looking for a different house - here is some great advice to keep in mind during your home buying process :
1. SEE three or four homes each day until one just feels right. If you try to see more than that, they will all run together in your head. We will take notes on what you like and don't like about each one. When you find 'The One', we will do a market analysis to make sure it's priced fairly for the market.
2. LOOK past cosmetics. If there are stains on the carpet, we can write in the contract that the seller will clean them prior to closing. Don't pass up a great house that meets all your criteria of size and layout over something that can be fixed easily.
3. GET EMOTIONAL. Remember that you have to feel good in the home. Ask yourself, "is it me?" Does your personality fit with the home? If you are a traditional person who wants a two story home with a formal living room and dining room, don't be persuaded to buy a contemporary open floor plan ranch because it's the trend or it's in a popular neighborhood. You need to feel happy when you come home and open the door every day.
4. BE SMART. While homes should be updated to go with the times, be careful about putting too much money into large projects that won't pay off when you sell. Ask us about which projects are worthwhile and how to save money doing them. We'll keep the condition of the home in mind when writing the contract.
5. FIGURE IT OUT. You found a home you like. It's time to make an offer. After doing thorough research, the figures of a market analysis show that the home is worth $150,000.
The art of negotiation is just one reason that buyers really need their own agent negotiating for their best interests. We will happily represent you and your best interests at all times. We love our job and we love helping people find a house. We've been through the negotiating process hundreds and hundreds of times.
The following links provide useful information and are a great place to start if you're considering buying a home.
Keep up with the latest video updates from the River Valley Team.
Our professional analysis will include data on recent solds and current market trends.
Be the first to know as soon as new listings hit the market -- fast, easy, automatic and free.